...
...

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Hello 大家!

Hello 大家!

My New Companion!

I have a new companion (#13) and her name is Sister Howard! She is from Virginia, she went to BYU Hawaii and danced at the Polynesian Center, speaks French and her mom is from New Zealand! Unfortunatly for her she has to speak Chinese instead of French, but we are working on that. I think her Chinese was pretty good in the MTC, but of course the world out here is way different... Its humbling to see how far we've all come. I cant believe we can all speak this language sometimes! I still think my Chinese is really bad, but then I realized this week I  was answering all her questions! #miracles. So I guess we do improve. 
        She is progressing really fast! She is really dedicated. Its humbling to see your companion do things like you because that's the only way she knows how to do it. I study Chinese every night and every morning during personal time, and then she started doing it. Yay! But then I would like take a break to get water, and when she did it I was like, "No we cant do that!", and then I realized I had taken a break I didnt really need like an hour before. Ya. Its humbling. She's gunna help me a lot. lol. 

This Week
  1. We had a musical concert with the ward! It was so fun and we got to meet some great new investigators!
  2. We are all Facebook missionaries in 屏東 now! All of our district. We're gunna rock it. 
  3. We had to stand on the four hour train ride from the mission office to home Friday. My poor companion. 
  4. And she already got one of her skirts ripped up because I wasn't thoughtful enough to tell her how to ride. Oops. 
  5. My last little taiwanese compaion is moving on to greenie breaking! I am so proud of her!


Picking on My District

A moment from this week. I was picking on my district, because Elder Teasdale let it slip that his dad baptized his mom... and then he came back and married her. So then I kept making jokes about that (real mature Sister Wawro) so I was having a lot of fun. Then, his companion had a similar story, so I got to pick on him too. THEN I found out my new companion's parents met on her dads mission, and then her went back and married her mom. Well its turns out they dont even remember meeting on his mission, they really starting dating when he went back to New Zealand to finish his mission, but of course I still had to make jokes! So finally someone asked me how many parents met, and I was like HA! It wasnt one a mission! My dads mission president offered him a job in Texas and soo...
And then I realized I was just like them. Missions bring people together, darn it. So then I got an earful. haha 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment