...
...

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sleepless in Taiwan

Hello to the city of Tainan! My favorite city yet. 

So, there is a Typhoon today. Just misting and rain right now, but we'll see how the day goes. 

Also, Lately I've been so frank with investigators. I dont know if its a sign of the times, or a sign of an old missionary, or if I've been particularly cheeky the last ten days but... ya. meh. Dont regret it so ya. 

New Companion:
So my new companion is my new hero and the most interesting man in the world.. I mean woman. But really. First of all, she has cancer. But she's on a mission. So thats cool. She is also like my best friend and super sweet. Every time we are laughing really hard she goes, "no no no. We cant have too good of a relationship. President said if we had a good relationship, then we have to move." Oh no. She's my 14th companion. Is this why I always move? Im not sure...
Also, her family has THE COOLEST conversion story of all time. So cool that it was in the Ensign! Thats right. Basically, her parents started living in seperate houses (weren't divorced yet but ya) and her dad wanted to fix their relationship, so he entered a random church to pray. There he met our missionaries! And took the discussions, and set a baptism date. Well, to get baptized you have to have espousal permission, so he called his wife to tell her he wanted to get baptized. She told him it was okay, because she had a baptism date for the following week! ! ! Long story short, they got back together and were sealed a year later. The gospel changed their whole family. 
That's right, I'm living with a super-star. 

New Area:
Is the best. Downtown city #itsabouttimepeople. It only takes 25 minutes in heavy traffic to bike to one side to the other. Also, the traffic is like a horror film, but it's kinda fun. It is the second smallest area in the mission and its golden. We dropped in another baptismall date, and I did not allow an investigator to drop her date (she can drop coffee, she just cant be so soft on herself. She can do it). There's a huge college here! So everyone thinks Im here to study Chinese. Which is ironic, because most of the foreign students cant even speak Chinese. We even have a "Dream Mall". Its likea mall and disneyland but together into one massive building. And all the homes are HUGE- so tracking isnt too successful, but it does give us something to look at. 

A member took us out to eat for the Mid-Autumn Festival (basically like a second Chinese NewYears.. but with moon cakes and BBQ). So, I originally didnt know where were going but it turns out we were at THE RESTERAUNT of Tainan- the restaurant in the tallest building of the tallest hotel here. whoooooah swanky. We walk in and the restaurant has a reservation, because they only let like 30 people eat at a time. It looked like star wars- that part where they go to the conference and have those floating booth things and all the leaders of difference places vote and Queen Amadalla says, "So this is how freedom dies, with thunderous applause" (ya, I cant remember English, but I remember Star Wars #raisedright). anyways, we ate at a place that looked like Star Wars and the food was the best food I have ever eaten in Taiwan. It was like eating at the African Lodge Buffet at Disney World, but it was all Chinese and Japanese Style. When we walked in I turned to Elder Tatton and was like, "So... do you feel as out of place as I do?" He said, "Yup. I'm wearing a tie and ... still." Like two democrats in Dallas. 
Food was good though. 

I'll keep you posted on the investigators after their upcoming baptisms. Then I can talk more about them! :) 

Love you all!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment