...
...

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hello one and all. 

Six months is this week. Everyone stay calm. 

Week of Miracles: 

We have a new baptism date, new investigators, five progressing, and I got to GO ON EXCHANGES THIS WEEK! I love exchanges- I always learn so much.  I got to be with my dear Sister Henderson again this week. She was trained in my area so it was so fun for both of us. We found so many great people together and she is exactly obedient! I think she has a reputation for being really intense about rules and Chinese but I actually think she was just diligent and I love her... which makes me wonder what image I am portraying.  I don't know, but I think the Lord is pleased and that is all I care about. 

This week someone thought I was the Senior companion when I spoke Chinese!  And I felt so so bad for my trainer at that moment but so happy she knew what I was saying.  We also met a woman, rather peculiar one, who just kept saying,  “You are miracles!  Miracles!  You can speak!  No foreigners can speak!"  We told her it was God's help and that she could pray for his help too and she was like, "nooo no he wont help me because I wont get baptized even if he helps me." I laughed and then we taught her about how prayer actually works and that of course she could pray. She started talking about miracles again. I'm not sure about that one yet. 

This week I taught xiaopengyou (kids) English class and had all the children act out the animals I said in English names.  I have never laughed so hard in my whole mission.  One kid even licked me.  It was a nice change of pace because most missionaries get referrals from English class.  I get headaches. and wrinkles. 

We try to go on adventures every p-day.  Today's adventure is going to a Taiwanese dentist. . Pray for me people. 

No, seriously. Like now, please pray. 


I was going through old journals this morning in personal study and found this clip from Remember the Titans [FAVORITE MOVIE]: 

"IF we don't come together right now on this hallowed ground, we too will be destroyed, just like they were. I dont care if you like each other or not, but you will respect each other. and maybe... just maybe we will learn to play this game like men." 

This is how I feel about companionships.  I think I was a football coach in another life. 


I have been reading this scripture every day this transfer, studying it, and really trying to apply it to my life.  It is in Alma 7:23: 

 23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

But the Chinese is actually, "Be filled with patients and permanent patience/ endurance, all things tied down, no matter what time."  I really like that.  Patience and love is required just when it is easy, but when it is hard!  And that's where we grow and show who we want to be.  I'm a big believer that circumstance doesn't make the man; It reveals him.  And we are only proven diligent when it gets hard- you can't say your diligent when it is easy- you have to work through the hard to be diligent and patient. 

And well, no comfort in the growth zone and no growth in the comfort zone my friends!  I know we see miracles when we expect them, and that God expects us to expect them.  He said where much is given.  Much is required.  Not asked of, not pleaded of, not invited, but required.  I'm praying I am mindful enough to have my charity and patience tied down, nothing wavering, and that I am mindful enough to do what is required. 


I love you all. Thank you for your support. You are in my prayers! 




So much love, 

Sister Wawro 

My lunch today. Sushi all day every day. 

Elder Choi popped into our chapel and took us out to dinner!  What ??  He's so cool! 
DSC01971.jpeg
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment